Welcome to romancereadsonly.com, the website and online service of the Romance Reads Only Team (referred to as “Romance Reads Only”, “RRO “, “RRO Site”, “Website”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “Our Service” or “Our Services”). The term “You”, “Your” or “User(s)” refers to anyone who uses, visits, and/or views this website, its community, and its forum.
Copyright Infringement Statement
This site is not intended, nor does it allow or have mechanisms specifically designed, for the transfer of copyrighted material between users. Its primary purpose is as a source of information about romance books, novels, and series, as well as a community for romance readers. It serves a secondary purpose as an index of romance reads.
Romance Reads Only does not own or imply the ownership of any of the images used on our site, especially images associated with the romance books that can be found on the site. All images belong to their respective owners and authors. However, if you have any request to bring it down or modify anything as the author of any of the books here, please send an email to [email protected]
By providing Romance Reads Only your e-mail address you consent to us sending you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your e-mail address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features, notices of member-initiated content, or special offers (“Other Messages”). If you do not want to receive Other Messages, you may opt out by changing your e-mail preference settings in the account settings section of romancereadsonly.com after you have signed in using your personal password. Opting out may prevent you from receiving e-mail messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails.
You can modify, delete, and set your privacy setting for the information you provide us any time in the account settings section of RomanceReadsOnly.com after you have signed in using your personal password.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may access or change your information and preferences at any time in the account settings section of romancereadsonly.com once you have signed in with your personal password. For example, you can control which actions, if any, will appear on your update feed, whether to display your e-mail address, whether to display your name and what sort of e-mail notifications you will receive from Our Service. You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through Romance Reads Only, in which case RRO may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Cookies and Other Identifiers
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Romance Reads Only does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on RomanceReadsOnly.com. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
How we use collected information
Romance Reads Only may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
We may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We may use the feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their romancereadsonly.com. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used, among other things, to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your Consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users: When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site [or App], such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site [and our App] in perpetuity. [If you interact with other users of our Sites and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.] Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites, and view your profile.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Rectification, erasure, blocking, or deletion
You have the right to obtain from us, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data concerning you without undue delay and we shall have the obligation to erase Personal Data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
i) the Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
ii) you withdraw consent, in case the processing of such is based on your permission, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
iii) you object to the processing pursuant and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
iv) the Personal Data is unlawfully processed;
v) the Personal Data is to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the European Union or a Member State of such Union law to which we are subject;
vi) the Personal data have been collected for the performance of a contract to purchase Products while you are not aged 16 or above.
When we have made the Personal Data public and we are obliged to erase the Personal Data, we shall take all reasonable steps, taking into account the available technology and the costs, to inform other controllers which may process your Personal Data that you have requested the erasure of Personal Data.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.